Books Inc. hardcover fiction best-seller list
1. The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain
2. The Snowman, by Jo Nesbo
3. Dead Reckoning, by Charlaine Harris
4. She Walks In Beauty, by Caroline Kennedy
5. Caleb’s Crossing, by Geraldine Brooks
6. The Troubled Man, by Henning Mankell
7. 10th Anniversary, by James Patterson
8. Tabloid City, by Pete Hamill
9. The Tiger’s Wife, by Téa O’Breht
10. 2030: The Real Story of What Happens to America, by Albert Brooks
In The Garden Of The Beast: Love, terror, and an American family in Hitler’s Berlin, by Erik Larson
Well, he’s done it again! Another riveting story by Larson (The Devil in the White City ), that will take you to Berlin in 1933–34. This excellent work of nonfiction will give you a clear understanding of what it was like in Berlin when Hitler took control as we follow United States Ambassador William Dodd, and watch as his family witnesses the horror firsthand. The book provides wonderful presence of the place and the times. A winner!
[See “Book Notes” for an in-depth review].
– Bill Dito
What You See In The Dark, by Manuel Munoz
Beautifully written and intelligent. Hinting at what’s there, but withholding enough to make you want to read again and again. Munoz is a genius. This is hands down the best book I’ve read in months
– Noelle Andel
No Shortage Of Good Days, by John Gierach
I started reading Gierach years ago when I bought
– Trout Bumto send to my brother. I opened it up for a casual glance, and I was, well, hooked. Had to finish it before putting it in the mail. Same with this latest collection. It’s nice to know that Gierach is still out there keeping an eye on things and writing these lovely, elegant essays.
– Bob Deloria
KIDS’ CLASSIC I FORGOT TO READ
The Twenty-one Balloons, by William Pène du Bois
Professor William Waterman Sherman of San Francisco crashes his hot-air balloon into the Pacific island of Krakatoa, and absurdity and adventure ensue! Great for a family read-aloud.
– Maggie Tokuda-Hall
Rich Ciccotelli is the manager of Books Inc. in the Marina. The best-seller list is based on sales in Books Inc.’s stores in the Marina and Laurel Village during the first three weeks of June.